- 700g purple kumara, cooked until soft and lightly mashed
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 3 tbsp Simon Gault Home Cuisine Kiwi Seasoning
- 15ml zest and juice of a lime
- 1 tbsp Simon Gault Home Cuisine Fish Stock
- 400g hot smoked salmon, flaked
- Flour to coat
- Cooking oil for frying
- 2 limes cut into wedges to serve
Smoked Salmon & Kumara Fish Cakes
In a mixing bowl combine kumara, butter, Simon Gault Home Cuisine kiwi seasoning, lime zest and juice, Simon Gault Home Cuisine fish stock concentrate. Add smoked salmon and fold, evenly distributing through the kumara mixture. Divide the mixture into 8 cakes and dust in flour.
Heat a non-stick frypan with a little oil and gently fry the fish cakes over a medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with lime wedges.
Kiwi Smoked Salmon & Kumara Fish Cakes by Simon Gault. Copyright © text, Simon Gault, 2016. Photograph copyright © Sarah Tuck, 2016.