- 3 cucumbers peeled and deseeded
- 1 spring onion roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove roughly chopped
- 3 curly kale leaves
- 1/4 bunch of coriander
- 2 pinches of cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup greek yoghurt
- 10 drops of jalapeno tabasco
- 1/2 cup of hot water
- 1 tbsp of Simon Gault Home Cuisine Vegetable Stock
- 2 tbsp greek yoghurt, for garnish
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Chilled Cucumber and Curly Kale Soup
Roughly chop the cucumber, spring onion and garlic and place into a blender along with the curly kale, cumin, salt, Greek yoghurt and jalapeno Tabasco. Mix the hot water and vegetable stock concentrate together and add to the blender. Blend for four minutes or until smooth. Pour into a jug and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Divide the soup between bowls and garnish the top of the soup with a teaspoon of Greek yoghurt and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
Chilled Cucumber and Curly Kale Soup by Simon Gault. Copyright © text, Simon Gault, 2015. Copyright © photographs, Sarah Tuck, 2015.