- 2 medium carrots (cut into chunks)
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Himalayan or Murray River pink salt
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1 small clove of garlic
- 1 Tbsp sherry or red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp chopped Italian parsley
- 6 leaves of basil, sliced
- 1 tbsp Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups whole small mushrooms, cleaned & stems removed
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 tbsp finely sliced spring onion
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Pinch of smoked paprika
- Zest of 1/4 of an orange
- Salt to taste
- 4 slices of toasted sourdough
Cashew-Carrot Romesco on Toasted Sourdough with Pickled Mushrooms & Smashed Avo
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Line a oven tray with baking paper
- Toss the carrots in the extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle over salt
- Roast in the oven till soft and caramalised
- Transfer to food processor and add all other ingredients.
- Process till smooth, season to taste
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in a bowl and combine thoroughly.
- Add the mushrooms and then stir gently to coat, cover and refrigerate overnight
- Cut the avocados in half and scoop out the flesh into a bowl.
- Add the onion, lime juice, smoked paprika, orange zest and some salt to your taste.
- Using the back of a spoon, roughly smash the avocado, until chunky but spreadable.
- Spread some of the Romesco over the sourdough and top with the smashed avo and mushrooms.